12.21.2008

New Jersey

Today we went into the city and hung out at Chelsea market for a bit which is one of my favorites and then went back into Jersey to hang out with family. My moms cousin took us into Princeton which is beautiful. We ate at a little restaurant and relaxed and talked. They're the complete opposite of my parents in every way. I love them. Northern New Jerseyians with Democratic views, wealthy, and are "tell it like it is" people. But we got along great and they were so welcoming. It's having times like these that I wish my family lived closer or that I had a bigger family. It's sad sometimes to me that I'm an only child with no cousins. I feel like I have no one to relate to. I'm the youngest in the family (if you don't consider my fourth cousins, who are all younger than 8). I think one of my goals in life would be to make sure that I have a family that's loving and giving and sharing. Not that mine isn't. It's just that if you asked me who's my family, I would just automatically say my mom and my dad...and sometimes it's a little difficult to relate to someone twice your age and their interests have nothing to do with your own. I thank God for my friends that keep me grounded with long talks and doing stupid stuff together. This is all a little random, but tonight just had me thinking about it.

No comments: